Monday, June 27, 2011

In which Pixar and Williams-Sonoma are on my bad list

I'm also always looking for ways to try and get FOO to try new foods. Since his sophisticated palate has only had eyes for pretzels for the past month, I felt that pancakes would be an improvement. I spied with my little eye some "Cars 2" pancake molds at Williams-Sonoma last week, and well, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I even bought some overpriced and not too tasty Chocolate Chip pancake mix to put in them, because I'm a sucker like that. 


Siren song packaging. It made me believe I could get my kid to eat. Sucker.

First up, Lightning McQueen. I may or may not have put way more batter in than the directions said.



Ka-Chow!


Lightning McQueen post-pancake apocalypse. This is why he didn't have much screen time in "Cars 2".

Finn McMissle. You'd think being a spy, he would be stealthy enough to tell me that I also put his mold in in upside-down. But, no. His fate was similar to Mr. McQueen's. That's what he gets for being all uppity with that accent and silly moustache. 


Mater. Good old Mater. You won't fail me, will you?


Got the mold right side up. Did I ever tell you I have a Master's degree?


Don't pretend it doesn't look like Mater. It totally does. I have mad pancake making skillz. 

FOO, of course, refused to eat them, but I couldn't blame him much. The batter wasn't good. I guess I should have just shelled out the money for more plastic cars. Oh, and in case you are wondering, that PAM I used to grease the molds and the pan was organic. Did I mention I'm a sucker?











No comments:

Post a Comment